We are a fast growing, international ecommerce agency with 2 office locations and over 60 full-time staff globally. Recognised by Shopify as Shopify Plus Experts since the inception of their enterprise platform, we are a global leader when it comes to Shopify specific ecommerce. Our clients cross a range of verticals from FMCG to premium fashion, digital downloads to IT hardware and span over 10 different countries. Combined their annual online revenues exceed $1 billion.
Our existing team are a friendly bunch who work hard to push our services and our clients further - learning new things, open to change and experimentation but always making sure commercial priorities and potential complexity are scoped as part of every decision.
Swanky are a data lead agency providing digital strategy and conversion rate optimisation services, existing store platform migrations, web design, site development and occasionally custom app development for merchants using Shopify's enterprise platform, Shopify Plus.
About the Role
Embedded within the project team consisting of other developers, designers, analysts and project managers you will be go to person for all front end related questions and out of the box solutions. Swanky has a relatively new Australian agency and as such, you will have the ability to make the role your own and for want of a better term "build your own career".
Daily tasks could include anything from coding a bespoke subscription flow, helping our project management team define complex technical scope and risk, to integrating an email signup form and architecting a navigation menu and helping lead the junior members of the team.
Lead Developer roles and responsibilities
- Design, develop, implement, test, deploy, and maintain software to team programming standards
- Contribute to the broader software, product, solution design, and roadmap liaising with the Global CTO
- Conduct code reviews to ensure that software meets code quality standards and applications are robust, performant, and maintainable
- Continually work to improve team processes, capabilities and output
- Knowledge share, mentor peers and colleagues to uplift technical ability within the team and support team members to create and follow professional development pathways
- Perform line management duties for your software engineers
- Support team members to develop and follow a professional development pathway
- Monitor and review individual team member's performance on an ongoing basis
- Proven track record of delivering of functional, efficient, responsive websites
- Working and integrating RESTful APIs
- Some Back-End exposure using either NodeJS or Ruby
- Experience leading software engineers and a passion for sharing your knowledge and expertise, coaching and mentoring others
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with staff, colleagues and customers
- Minimum 4+ years experience in a commercial environment
- A willingness to improve your skills, and keep up to date with technological / Shopify specific news
- Scrum/Agile management frameworks
- CMS experience (Shopify a bonus)
- Command Line Interface tools - Building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Front End Frameworks such as ReactJS/VueJS + TypeScript
- Templating languages such as Liquid/Kraken
- Compile tools (Babel/Gulp)
- Application databases
- Cloud based architecture (AWS/Heroku hosting, lambdas, serverless, webhooks)
- Database design
- Updating and maintaining DNS records
- Salary of $80,000 - $95,000 based on experience
- TOIL (Time Off in Lieu)
- Beautiful new office in Toowoomba CBD's "The Bank" - with rooftop bar for Friday afternoons and client events
- A friendly and ambitious team
- Fun, challenging and often high profile projects
- Opportunity to rapidly progress your career in our fast-evolving team
- Potential for international travel